Skip to main content

September 2026 : The Month That Bonds, Oil & Geopolitics Redefined Global Markets

THE CRA PERSPECTIVE GLOBAL MARKETS • MONTHLY WRAP September 2026 The Month That Bonds, Oil & Geopolitics Redefined Global Markets A comprehensive review of the world's leading markets, central banks, commodities, currencies, equities, geopolitical risks and the forces shaping Q4 2026. SEPTEMBER 2026 • GLOBAL MARKET REVIEW The Month in One Sentence September 2026 was a month in which rising borrowing costs, higher crude oil prices and geopolitical uncertainty collided with resilient equity markets and powerful AI optimism. The most important development was not simply what happened to stock prices. It was the change taking place underneath them. Government bond yields surged across major economies. Crude oil returned above the $100-per-barrel zone. Central banks adopted or maintained tighter positions. The US dollar strengthened against several major currencies. And yet global equities remained surprisingly resilient. For India...

Things I Stopped Doing to Be More Productive (And What I Do Instead)

 

Productivity isn’t about doing more—it’s about doing what matters. Over time, I realized that some of my habits were holding me back. Here’s what I stopped doing (and what I replaced them with) to work smarter, not harder.

1. Stopped: Checking Email First Thing in the Morning

I used to start my day drowning in emails, reacting instead of being proactive. This put me in a passive mindset before I even began real work.

✅ Now: I tackle my most important task first (usually deep work) and check emails only after 10 AM. My mornings are now my most productive hours.

2. Stopped: Multitasking

Switching between tasks made me feel busy, but I accomplished less. Studies show multitasking reduces efficiency by up to 40%.

✅ Now: I batch similar tasks and focus on one thing at a time. Single-tasking helps me finish work faster with better quality.

3. Stopped: Saying "Yes" to Everything

Over committing left me stretched thin, stressed, and unable to give my best to important projects.

✅ Now: I practice selective "no’s." If a request doesn’t align with my priorities, I decline politely or delegate.

4. Stopped: Endless To-Do Lists

Long lists overwhelmed me, leading to decision fatigue. I’d waste time deciding what to do next instead of doing it.

✅ Now: I use the 1-3-5 rule—1 big task, 3 medium tasks, and 5 small tasks per day. This keeps my day focused and achievable.

5. Stopped: Scrolling Mindlessly

Social media and news feeds were major time-sucks, leaving me distracted and unproductive.

✅ Now: I schedule short breaks for leisure browsing and use apps like Freedom to block distractions during work hours.

6. Stopped: Perfectionism

Waiting for the "perfect" moment or over-polishing work delayed progress unnecessarily.

✅ Now: I embrace "done is better than perfect." I set deadlines and move forward instead of obsessing over minor details.

Final Thoughts

Productivity isn’t about hustle culture—it’s about intentional choices. By cutting out these habits, I’ve reclaimed time, reduced stress, and achieved more meaningful results.

What’s one habit you’ve dropped to be more productive? Share in the comments!

Comments

Post a Comment

Most visited

The First 15-Minute Edge : A Sector Strength & Stock Selection Trading Framework

THE CRA PERSPECTIVE The First 15-Minute Edge A Sector Strength & Stock Selection Trading Framework A structured approach to identifying early market leadership, selecting stocks with relative strength or weakness, and managing risk with discipline. “Do not chase the first movement. Understand where the strength is coming from.” The opening minutes of a trading session can reveal important information about market participation. Some sectors immediately attract buying interest, while others show relative weakness. Within those sectors, individual stocks can display even stronger or weaker price behaviour. This observation leads to a simple trading concept: first identify the sector, then identify the stock. Instead of scanning hundreds of stocks without a framework, the trader begins with the broader market, determines where relative strength or weakness is appearing, and then narrows the search to the strongest or weakest candidate within th...

Index Trading for the Global Trader : Understanding Global Indices, Market Breadth, Volatility, Futures, Options & Risk Management

THE CRA PERSPECTIVE Index Trading for the Global Trader Understanding Global Indices, Market Breadth, Volatility, Futures, Options & Risk Management One market view can represent hundreds of companies, multiple sectors and an entire economic narrative. “An index is more than a number on a screen. It is a constantly changing picture of collective expectations.” When traders look at an index such as the NIFTY 50, S&P 500, NASDAQ-100, Dow Jones Industrial Average, DAX or Nikkei 225, they are not simply looking at one company. An index represents a basket or methodology designed to measure a particular segment of a market. Its movement can therefore reflect changes in corporate earnings expectations, interest rates, economic data, investor sentiment, sector performance and global risk appetite. That makes index trading fundamentally different from trading a single stock. ONE INDEX. MANY COMPANIES • MANY SECTORS • MANY EXPECTATIONS ...

🍭 National Lollipop Day – 20th July (US)

🍭 National Lollipop Day – 20 th July (US) Celebrating Color, Sweetness, and One of the World's Most Beloved Candies National Lollipop Day, July 20, lollipop, George Smith, candy history, confectionery, sweet treats, National Confectioners Association, candy lovers Every year on 20 July , candy lovers across the United States celebrate National Lollipop Day , a sweet occasion dedicated to one of the most recognizable treats in the world. Colorful, flavorful, and enjoyed by generations, the lollipop has become a symbol of childhood joy and simple happiness. Whether found in candy stores, birthday parties, holiday gift bags, or nostalgic collections, lollipops continue to delight people of all ages. National Lollipop Day is the perfect opportunity to enjoy your favorite flavor and appreciate the fascinating history behind this iconic confection. 🍬 The Story Behind the Lollipop ...